About us > Get involved > Jobs
Berkeley Repertory Theatre has established itself as one of the country’s top-ranking professional resident theatre companies, known for consistently high-quality productions.
positions currently available
Seeking a highly motivated, detail-oriented individual for the position of full-time Facilities Director, to report to the Managing Director. This position oversees a department of staff including janitors, maintenance technicians and the facilities coordinator.
- Managing theatre, office and support space maintenance and construction projects. Working with contractors, engineers, consultants, inspectors and architects when necessary. Serving as project manager for contractors and subcontractors. Some hands-on project work is expected.
- Developing and managing department budget.
- Overseeing HVAC systems and maintenance.
- Negotiating and managing building leases.
- Managing insurance contracts to make sure that all buildings, vehicles and equipment are properly insured and catalogued.
- Overseeing leases, purchases and maintenance of office equipment (e.g., copiers, cell phones, postage machines, furniture, etc.).
- Working with local fire department, police department, building inspectors, OSHA and other regulatory agencies on all inspections and code issues. Conducting regular internal inspections of fire alarm and sprinkler systems and performing necessary repairs. Responsible for IIPP, Disaster Planning, HMBP and MSDS.
- Overseeing security, including keys/key cards and alarm systems.
- Serving as main contact with vendors, including: all leases, offsite janitorial service, pest control, gardening contractor, City of Berkeley (business permits), shipping service and signage companies.
- Serving as staff liaison to Board of Directors Facilities Committee. Providing lease updates, budget and analysis for projects, and creating long-term facilities plan.
- Serving as Chair of BRT Green Committee. Tasked with developing the use of energy efficient and ecologically friendly products and services and implementing policies and procedures to reduce the overall energy consumption and carbon footprint of the organization.
- 5+ years of experience in performing arts or event production management or 5+ years of facilities management experience in facilities with performance and/or event spaces. Some technical theatre production experience preferred.
- Experience in operations and staff management.
- Demonstrated experience in building maintenance, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, carpentry repair work.
- Computer skills, including Autocad, Word, Excel, Outlook and Project.
- Experience managing operational budgets.
- Outstanding organizational and project management skills. Ability to re-prioritize responsibilities quickly, meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and to work both individually and with a team.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with staff, co-workers and public.
- Demonstrated leadership and team-building skills.
- Experience handling confidential and sensitive information and circumstances.
Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements with “Facilities Director” in the subject line to: email@example.com. No calls or faxes, please.
ticket services director
Under the direction of the Director of Marketing & Communications, the Ticket Services Director manages all aspects of box office, subscription and web ticketing for a seven-to-ten show season and special events.
Box Office management
- Manage subscription manager, box office supervisor and sales agents—includes recruitment, training, development, scheduling and daily supervisory support.
- Build season events and rentals within the Tessitura database using best practices and established guidelines.
- Manage all aspects in Tessitura for subscription rollover, renewals and season ticket printing.
- Implement and manage online and mobile sales via TNEW and TN Mobile Ticketing.
- Work closely with the Database Manager to maintain Tessitura database protocols and customizations.
- Participate in internal Tessitura Users’ Group (TUG) to coordinate and troubleshoot database management.
Marketing & Communications
- Work closely with the director of marketing and communications and the marketing team to design and implement marketing strategies, achieve revenue goals and deliver superior customer service through all channels.
- Liaise with marketing department on all print, email and advertising campaigns.
- In concert with the marketing director, resolve customer inquiries and complaints.
- Coordinate with public relations director and special events manager to manage opening night ticketing to insure full and enthusiastic houses.
- Report and reconcile daily, weekly and show revenue.
- Coordinate with ticket printing vendors and mail house for thermal and subscription tickets.
- Liaison with internal departments regarding ticket policies, promotions and special events.
- Serve as liaison to third party ticketing agencies and rentals.
- Order and control supply inventory.
- Monitor department budget and meet budget objectives.
Qualifications and experience
- Minimum of three years supervisory experience in a customer-focused ticketing operation; arts and culture experience preferred.
- Tessitura experience required.
- Excellent verbal and written communicator.
- Strong management and customer service skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and commitment to follow-through.
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities and set priorities.
The work environment is extremely fast paced and requires flexibility, enthusiasm, patience and time management. The Ticket Services Director must manage multiple priorities and balance technical duties, customer service and staff management.
This full-time-plus position becomes available in July.
Salary and benefits
Berkeley Rep offers a competitive nonprofit salary, excellent medical and other benefits, a casual environment conducive to professional and personal growth and a unique opportunity to participate in the cultural life of the Bay Area. Berkeley Rep is an equal opportunity employer. Persons of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Please send a cover letter, resume and three professional references from direct supervisors.
Please direct your electronic submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org or your mail submission to:
Ticket Services Director Search
Berkeley Repertory Theatre
999 Harrison Street
Berkeley, CA 94710
Due to the anticipated volume of submissions, we cannot accept or return phone calls about this position. We will contact those candidates with whom we would like to discuss this opportunity. We thank you in advance for your interest in Berkeley Repertory Theatre.
No calls or faxes, please.
Berkeley Repertory Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
back to top