Welcome! Please follow the links below to learn more about
- September 2–November 13, 2011
- Join us for an extravagant evening of laughter, live music, dancing and, oh yes, drama from the legendary star of stage and screen who won an Oscar, a Tony, a Grammy and two Emmys. Rita Moreno recounts her improbable life in an irreverent and entertaining new show.
- October 7–November 20, 2011
- From the award-winning author of Equivocation comes a poignant new play about a man who moves in with his mother when she becomes too frail to care for herself. Their reunion heals old wounds, opening a heartfelt and humorous new chapter in their relationship.
- January 6–February 19, 2012
- Tony Taccone imagines a fable for San Francisco based on the assassination of Mayor George Moscone and directed by none other than the Mayor’s son, Jon Moscone. The ghost of the king stalks the battlements of a boy’s mind—and speaks to all of us about love and loss.
- February 10–March 25, 2012
- Molière’s classic comedy comes to uproarious new life in a clever new adaptation from the actor who delighted Berkeley Rep audiences in The Miser and Figaro. Steven Epp plays doctor to a girl feigning illness, proving that love and laughter remain life’s best medicine. Diagnosis: hilarity!
- March 16–May 12, 2012
- Hailed as “electrifying” and “intense” by Variety, this Tony Award-winning play makes its passionate debut at Berkeley Rep under the direction of Les Waters. Rothko struggles to finish a series of murals as he wrestles with his new apprentice in a battle of wits over a bucket of paint.
- December 2, 2011–January 22, 2012
- Britain’s Kneehigh Theatre Company unveils The Wild Bride, another visual feast from the creators of Brief Encounter. With this grown-up fairy tale, expect vivid storytelling, devilish humor and a heady mix of live and found music.
- May 25–June 24, 2012
- Bold, beautiful and fierce—Dael Orlandersmith delivers a riveting performance in Black n Blue Boys / Broken Men. Directed by Obie award-winner Chay Yew, this world premiere introduces us to children and adults forging identities in abusive families, transforming these challenges into a celebration of our capacity to survive.
- April 1, 2012
- The hit public radio series tours to Berkeley Rep! Jill Eikenberry and Michael Tucker (longtime leads of the hit TV series L.A. Law) join host Isaiah Sheffer to perform a trio of luscious, hilarious and provocative tales of food and love.
- April 25–May 13, 2012
- Based on a story by Nobel Prize-winner Ivan Bunin, In Paris is a dazzling new play set in the 1930s, which mixes movement with a romantic story and spectacular design. This rare international collaboration unites legendary performer Mikhail Baryshnikov and Anna Sinyakina with a talented ensemble assembled by visionary director Dmitry Krymov for a vivid visual experience.
- June 14–July 15, 2012
- Berkeley Rep is proud to present the world premiere of a powerful new play from Tony Award-winner Eve Ensler. Staged by Obie Award-winning director Jo Bonney, Emotional Creature is made up of original monologues—and irresistible songs—about and for girls. Placing their stories squarely center stage, it gives full expression to their secret voices and innermost thoughts, highlighting the diversity and commonality of the issues they face.
back to top